This recipe is one that I created for Rebel Kitchen as their guest blogger and is one of my favourite desserts to date! It literally tastes like you are indulging on a Terry’s Chocolate Orange in a gooey cold form and absolutely transports you to heaven (my heaven is me rolling around in Chocolate so I hope we share the same image here).
“Nice-cream” is one of my favourite go to sweet treats as it is overwhelmingly easy to make and beats any sugar laden bought ice cream tub any day! When I was a student, I would happily get through a tub of Ben & Jerry’s in an evening and I promise you that this is even better and you can eat it guilt free!
The hot sauce and orange flavours bring a real festive element to the nice-cream staple but can be enjoyed any time, any where…
If you don’t have a rebel kitchen mylk at hand then you can use any plant based milk and add 1 tbsp of cacao powder to the mix.
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup Rebel Kitchen Chocolate Orange Mylk
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Rebel Kitchen Chocolate Orange Mylk
- Place the frozen bananas in a food processor and blitz until broken down.
- Add the mylk, orange zest and cacao powder and blend again until thick and creamy. Be careful not to go a step too far to a smoothie consistency.
- Spoon into bowls and pop in the freezer whilst you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and place in the microwave for 20 seconds. Remove and stir well until sauce begins to thicken. Heat again for a further 10 seconds if you prefer it hotter. Alternatively, you can heat the sauce in a double boiler over simmering water and stir until melted and thick.
- Remove ‘nice’ cream from the freezer and pour the sauce over the top. The hot sauce should harden as it reaches the cold ‘nice’ cream.
- Top with cacao nibs and mandarin slices and enjoy!
Buy Rebel Kitchen Mylk here!