Even though I have eaten smashed avo on rye bread until the cows come home, I am still somehow not bored of it!
It’s one of those great little meals that is minimum effort and maximum satisfaction.
It’s perfect to get our skin glowing and our bodies packed with healthy fats, and teaming it with toasted rye bread makes it such a yummy texture party in your mouth!
In this recipe, I’ve made it a bit more fancy and upped the delicious and health factors!
Half an avocado
1 slice rye bread (toasted)
5 plum tomatoes
A handful of mixed leaves (I used spinach, rocket and watercress)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar (with ‘the mother’)
Squeeze of lemon
1/2 tsp chilli powder
Salt & pepper to season
Grated parmesan cheese to your taste
1. Scoop out the flesh of the avocado and mash lightly with a fork in a bowl.
2. Chop up the tomatoes and throw into the bowl with the avocados.
3. Add the apple cider vinegar, lemon, salt & pepper and chilli powder and mix until combined.
4. Toast the rye bread and then load with the mixed leaves and avocado mixture.
5. Grate the parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!