Pesto Pasta used to be one of my all time favourite comfort foods and pretty much got me through my entire student existence. So as soon as I can rustle up something with pesto, I’m instantly transported to comfort. These days, comfort for me takes shape in fresh veg and goodness and being an absolute breakfast fiend, I was keen to make a wonderfully simple and easy breakfast recipe with Sacla’s new single-serve mini pesto pots to perfectly combine all of my comforts!
There little pots also come in Fiery Chilli and Sun Dried Tomato and are perfect when you need just a little something without opening the entire jar.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 courgette (chopped)
- 1 big handful kale or other leafy greens
- 1 pot Sacla pesto ( 45g)
- pinch sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan and gently simmer the garlic.
- 2. Add the courgette and fry for a few minutes to soften.
- 3. Stir in the pesto and kale and simmer for a few minutes, adding a little salt & pepper to taste.
- 4. Make a well in the pan and crack in your egg and cook for a few minutes to your preference.