“Put it on the Pizza” – The Olsen Twins
Pancakes have got to be one of the best breakfast foods known to man, right? At the moment I’m pretty much living off either porridge or pancakes for breakfast and I feel pretty good about that. I was recently researching some pancake recipes when I came across the idea of a pancake pizza!
Obviously it was love at first sight and I couldn’t wait to make up my own. It’s the perfect fuel for your day and great as a post workout indulgence…
(Makes 4 big pancakes)
-2 eggs (can substitute for chia eggs)
– 1 banana
– 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
-1/2 cup plant based milk (I used brown rice milk because I’m pretty much obsessed)
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp maca powder
– Pinch salt
– 1tsp coconut oil for cooking
1. Combine all of the ingredients and blitz well. (I used my nutribullet but a blender or hand whisk would work).
2. Heat a pan on a medium heat and add 1 tsp coconut oil.
3. Pour in the batter to make your pancakes about a 7cm diameter.
4. Once the pancake starts to bubble on top, flip it over and cook for a further 2 minutes until cooked through.
5. Turn on your grill and place the pancake on a foil lined baking tray.
6. Decorate your pizza with any toppings you want to be hot! (I opted for chia seed jam and bananas but if you’re not ahead of the game with the pre-made jam then popping some frozen berries in the microwave for 30 seconds will do the trick).
7. Place banana around the edge of your pancake to act as a crust.
8. Pop under the grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the bananas are beginning to turn golden.
9. Remove from the grill and top with anything your little heart desires! (Some good options are cacao nibs, granola and yoghurt).
10. Enjoy your breakfast of champions!