WARNING! THIS CAKE IS OVERWHELMINGLY DELICIOUS AND WILL CA– USE FEELINGS OF INTENSE HAPPINESS!
The richest cake I have ever eaten which makes it last even longer as you only need a little sliver to reap the benefits and indulge. I made this cake for my friend’s birthday whilst I was working in America and it went down like a house on fire! (Even the non health believers loved it!)
The combo of cashews and avocado makes this the creamiest cake imaginable and oh so rich and yummy! You do need quite a few ingredients for this one but it’s extremely easy to whip up and well worth it for a special occasion.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 10)
For the Cake:
- 2 cups cashews- soaked overnight (this is important as they need to become soft)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup good quality maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- juice of half a lime
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries plus extra for topping
- pinch salt
For the base:
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 2 cups medjool dates
- Beginning with the base, in a food processor, blend the almonds until broken down then add the dates and blitz until well combined.
- Place the mix in a lose-bottomed cake tin and press down to form a flat base. Leave to set in the freezer whilst you make the rest of the cake.
- In the food processor, combine the cashews and dates and blend until mixed well. Add all of the remaining ingredients, blending bit by bit as you go.
- Scoop out the mixture and pour on top of the set crust.
- Leave to set in the freezer for 1 hour and then place in the fridge before serving.
- Best served straight from the fridge with a layer of smashed frozen raspberries and a sprinkling of cacao nibs.