The winter months are still nuzzling in, which means more time for snuggling & even more time for warming bowls of porridge in the frosty mornings… yippee!
I’ve been trying to own my mornings a little more & making a really delicious bowl of oats has been top of my priority list.
I’ve been digging this combo like no other lately; it literally fills me with SUCH joy. The cacao is an instant comfort & mixed with the ginger & cardamom, it just screams cosy mornings.
Quick and really easy, it just a case of throwing things together in a pan, letting it gently simmer & then enjoy to your hearts content.
– 1 tbsp cacao powder
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1 tsp turmeric
– 1 tsp ground ginger
– 2 cardamom pods, seeds crushed
– Pinch salt
– Little bit of black pepper (activates the turmeric)
– Milk of choice (I used @rebelkitchen whole mylk) and soz I never measure anything so just keep pouring until feels good.
– 60g oats
1. Add oats in a pan & add cold water so it just covers them. Gently heat, stirring regularly.
2. Add the spices, seasoning & cacao powder & stir until the water has been absorbed and then add your milk to cover the oats.
3. Keep cooking on a low heat for 5 minutes, adding more milk if needed.
4. Serve & top with your favourite things