Pancake Day is hands down one of my favourite days of the year (that and Easter) so I get pretty excited when it draws near. Growing up, pancakes were always a huge deal in my house and I’m pretty sure my mum could still whip anyone’s tush at perfecting the classic crepe. I still remember seeing it as a personal accomplishment when I ate 15 pancakes one year… I should definitely try and beat that this year!
This recipe is a little twist on my classic fluffy pancake recipe that you can find here! But with an added ICE CREAM EXTRAVAGANZA! The combo is unreal and you will think me so hard when you try it! I have teamed up with Oppo Ice Cream for this creation to keep the indulgence serving our taste buds and also our insides 🙂
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 30g oats
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp lucuma powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup milk
- big pinch of salt
- coconut oil to fry
- In a blender, combine the egg, banana, oats, milk, spice and salt and blitz until thick and combined.
- In a non-stick pan, heat 1 tsp coconut oil and then pour in the mixture to make disks about 10cm in diameter.
- Cook until you see the pancakes start to bubble and then flip and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden brown (texture like sun).
- Repeat with the entire mix.
- Layer with banana coins, cacao nibs, raspberries and a giant dollop of salted caramel Oppo ice-cream
Find other pancake recipes here: