Did I tell you I’m a fan of porridge? Lately, I cannot get enough of a warming bowl of the stuff especially when I jazz it up with added veg and goodness. These oats are very similar to my courgette oats but made with grated carrot and a few more spices and they taste absolutely delicious! You could even bake these for an even more heart warming breakfast, but if you’re short on time they are so easy to make just in one pan.
- 40g rolled oats
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup brown rice milk (or alternative)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- handful of raisins
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat the oats in a pan on a medium heat and add water to just cover.
- Add the spices and carrots and stir well.
- When the water is soaked up, add the milk bit by bit and stir well, adding more if needed.
- Add the raisins, coconut oil and maple syrup and stir through.
- Serve with the most delicious fried banana in coconut oil and pumpkin seeds
and enjoy 🙂