You know me, I’m chocolate obsessed… So when Easter rolls around, I am pretty much at my happiest self! Spring is my golden season. I get overwhelmingly excited about the presence of longer, warmer days & the start of new life, new ingredients & new beginnings. And my beginnings are always with chocolate at the core.
Last year, I created some heavenly Chocolate Egg recipes for my lovely friends at Missfits filled with vanilla cashew cream & raspberry which you can nab the recipe for here.
This year’s version is perhaps a little simpler, but the addition of the cashew cream would also work extremely well.
I hope you like this recipe, it’s definitely a keeper for each year!
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Start by making the chocolate by combining the cacao powder, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt in a double boiler and stirring until smooth and silky.
- Once the chocolate has cooled slightly (make sure it’s still runny), brush the sauce around your egg moulds to coat the outside. Leave to set in the fridge for 10 minutes and then keep repeating this process in layers until the chocolate is a couple of millimetres thick.
- Once the chocolate shells are set, add a tsp of raspberries, followed by a final layer of chocolate.
- Return to the fridge to set for 30 minutes and then carefully remove from their cases.
- Drizzle with peanut butter and more raspberries.