I’ve recently been craving crunchy things like nobody’s business and have more often than not, devoured an entire bag of crisps on my walk home from the shops (absolutely no self control).
Chickpeas are such a versatile ingredient and act as a great protein source so I thought why not make a little chickpea snack that I can throw into meals and also straight into my mouth? So here is my recipe for these SUPER SIMPLE roasted chickpeas which require absolutely no effort at all… (okay a teeny bit).
- 2 cans Chickpeas
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 180C fan.
- 2. Drain the chickpeas and blot dry with kitchen roll.
- 3. Pour onto large baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil (not too much as they won't crisp up).
- 4. Add the spices and seasoning and rub in with your hands to make sure everything is covered.
- 5. Roast for 30 minutes, shaking half way through.
- 6. Remove from oven and eat hot with your meal or leave to cool and store in an air-tight container for future snacking!